Garhwal Runs serves as a qualifying run for ultra runners who are interested in taking part in 111 km category at La Ultra – The High, but do not meet the primary qualifying criteria. Those looking at qualifying for La Ultra – The High 2019 need to cover the 74 Km distance in 11 hrs. The overall event cut-off is 12 hrs.
This run will put you through testing ascent throughout the distance, running through lush green forests and countryside of Himalayan foothills. Finishing point will be same as previous editions, Dhanaulti TOP. The route will go through the villages of Kokriyal, Dubhra, Sakalana and Daulagiri.
Total elevation gain on the race route is 7300 feet.
33.3 Km category is also open for running enthusiasts & mountain lovers who want to experience the place and be part of the event. This category will have a cut-off of 5 hrs. Mind you, it’ll be no easy play. The uphill route makes it tougher than your regular full marathon.
Event Date – 9th February 2019 (Saturday).
The race starts from Raipur Chowk Bus stand (Maharana Pratap statue) and heads to-wards Dhanaulti – Surkanda Devi road via Maldevta.
Race start point location – Click here
Registrations for the 5th Garhwal Runs (2019) will open on 1st November 2018. Registration link will be updated here. To register online, CLICK HERE
Registration fee for the race will be announced closer to registration dates and updated on this page. The fee will include –
- All race time support in form of aid stations with – water, energy drinks, energy items for the entire 74 Km route.
- Medical first aid on the race route.
- Drop back to Dehradun from finish point at Dhanaulti top (only if requested).
- Event t-shirt.
- Drop bag facility for finish point only (only 1 bag per participant will be taken)
- Travel to Dehradun from your city & back.
- Transportation to the start line from your hotel.
- Emergency medical treatment & transportation.
- Rs. 500 will be deducted from ticket price for any refunds up-till 15th January 2019.
- Rs. 1500 will be deducted from ticket price for any refunds after 15th January 2019 up-to 1st Feb 2019.
- No refunds will be made for cancellation requests after 1st Feb 2019.
The 74 Km race is mostly self supported. Runners are required to carry / run with hydration pack or water bottle / sipper with at-least 500 ml capacity.
Runners are allowed to get a pacer / personal crew along with a vehicle if they plan to do so.
Water and food stations will be present every 5-6 kms. Items provided will be –
- Mineral water
- Energy Drink – Enerzal etc.
- Salted Chips & peanuts